Its a wonderful life

A place for my random musings!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

A rather quiet sunday and random musings

It sunday. The last day of freedom in this week before the madness begins. Being onsite might be a great fantasy when you are offshore but it aint so much fun when you are here in the line of fire. Things go wrong - and you're screwed. Things go good - well you're just doing your job. I mean c'mon!! A little appreciation wouldnt do any harm and I dont mean in words alone. Money talks! :)

Software is a dog eat dog world. Anyone beg to differ? And I dont see things getting any better. A major consolidation is going to happen in this industry where the big guys are gonna get bigger while the smaller companies get eaten up. Why am I in this industry? I dont know why. I guess the truth is that very few people end up where they want to be in life. My dream when I was a kid at a particular point of time was to be a scientist :D Well when you are a kid, you dream about a lot of stupid things. At a particular point of time, my mom wanted me to be a priest!!...And I was ready to do that to make her happy and at the time I thought it would be a shortcut to heaven. Well I grew up throwing out with that all these ambitions and entered college. Even there I wanted to a real tech engineer. You know - the guy who fixes stuff. Well another stupid dream of a teenager dashed to the ground. GRE and dreams of an MS in the US also dashed to the ground. And now well here I am. Life is changing as we grow up - atleast so it is in mine eyes. What we used to consider as great when we were kids is no longer so. Sometimes I feel it was much easier to be a kid. Well life is a compromise and we gotta live with it. Shit happens but life is still beautiful and I would not have it in any other way!!

I think thats enough bullshit for now! :-P

3 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Lee said…

    @ dipu - You bet!! :P

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Rat said…

    Scientist? World is saved :D
    And Lee, dont put too much of dollar-hit in here.. Be a good boy!

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Rat said…

    $hit.. Got it ?
    ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter