Its a wonderful life

A place for my random musings!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Movie Time!!

Where would we be without movies and TV shows. I mean, I am a real movie buff. With the help of bittorrents and Azeureus, I must have covered most of the great movies of our time. I hope the copyright guys dont get a wind of how much I've downloaded. Till date my total download and upload traffic is in the close vicinity of 600 GB. How do you like that!!

Yesterday I watched 'To kill a Mockingbird'. Quite a good movie considering that it came out in 1962. Some of the other greats I have really enjoyed are : Braveheart, The Shawshank Redemption, The Matrix and The Green Mile. Ofcourse the list goes on but let me stop here. Its amazing how a movie touches you. How sometimes it makes you well up inside and sometimes even makes you shed a tear. A storyteller who can bring out such emotions in an individual is the King and Master supreme. What better way to spend an otherwise boring afternoon than a couple of good movies.

Good sitcoms and comedies like Friends and Everybody loves Raymond is my other favourite timepass. The shorter timespan of these makes sure that your attention is captivated throughout the entire 20 mins or so. A movie unless its excellent will fail to do that.

A movie is there for every mood. When you pick a movie to watch, you need to make sure that your present mindset matches with it. Else it kind of dampens the experience.
For example, romance movies are good to watch after a couple of 'pegs' :P
A good comedy can lift up your spirits any day.

Right now, I'm getting into 'Chinatown'. Lemme go for it - Out for a couple of hours!!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter