Its a wonderful life

A place for my random musings!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bethanians Galore - Part 1

I am starting out a new series over here.

Bethany Hostel life was one of the important parts of my life and during this time I met several characters.Really amazing characters in their own special way. Everyone talented - also in their own special way :P

I will attempt to describe these individuals the best I can - As seen from my eyes.

Dipu
=====
Let me start out with Dipu. Why? Coz I think Dipu was one of the first bethanian's of my batch I met(Actually its Vimal and Dennis, but more about them later). Shanmugha(our senior) kind of introduced him to me. At first glance Dipu strikes you as a normal kind of guy. Bit short(no offence), hair combed straight back with no attempt to cover the ever expanding bald spot at the time(even then, it was evident :P). No style as such. Shirt out untucked at the time. Speaking in a precise manner. Later on, came to find out he is one of the most hardworking guys I knew at the time. Ofcourse, later on it all went for a toss. It turned out his only aim was to grap a campus placement which at the time, our seniors were getting at a very prolific rate. Anotherthing about Dipu was his sleep. There was no way this guy could stay awake in class right under the teacher's nose :D. He could sleep for hours at a stretch. This was one guy who took his rest very seriously. One thing makes me happy when I look at Dipu. I see myself as a lazy guy but when I see Dipu, I am happy again. This guy will not get out of his bed if it were not to have food or answer nature's call :P . Study was a different thing though.The possibility of NOT getting a job, kept him on his feet alright.

What else about Dipu : A great organiser of things. Not so good at Math involving common sense though :P. A good planner. Stands his ground. A very goodfriend and probably the person I used to talk and debate with a lot in hostel. Philosophy ofcourse :P.
And a 'drinks partner' of mine throughout Bethany.We discovered a lot of brands together. The best of which was Honey Bee and McDowells :P

Dipu? - Been a Long time right???

Rat
===
Dipu's roomie.
First time I saw this guy was thru Shanmugha also. On the back of his bike. Ha ha!! Turned out this guy likes to sit on the back of thebike of a lot of guys. I wonder why?? :P Later on it turned out to be me on a permanent basis :( And when this guy gets on a bike, he likes to direct people - in only one direction. Thats left left and again left!....Boy have we badly lost our way a lot of times. Anyway, coming back to the first timeI saw him, I remember thinking - why is this guy staring at me like this? - Cant this f**ker smile or what? I remember being a bit taken aback at his expression - a bit too intimidating. Anyways that turned out to be only an intial kinda thing and once you get to know this guy, he can be a lot of fun to be with. One thing I admire in him is that if he wants to say something, he will just come out and say it no matter who is around. Hes not easily scared by people. A very sincere and responsible fella. Another thing about him is that he loves being insulted. He even does it himself. I wonder how many ppl reading this remember 'NMR'. This actually stands for Noon Mess Register (I think) and we were all pondering one day in first year - one lazy evening - about what that could mean. And Rat came up with 'Naayinte Mon Ratheesh'!!! :DDD (For those who donno malalyalam, that means 'son of a dog,ratheesh'). Thats Rat for you. And he's a very helpful guy also. Has helped me out in a lot of electronics problems(oh the nightmares!!) which I couldn't figure out but somehow was a cinch for this guy and dipu :-S

And last but not least : His full name : Ratheesh P Kunnan. And YES! He laughs at this also :D

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter