Its a wonderful life

A place for my random musings!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Bethanians Galore - Part 2

As promised, I continue this thread on the fun guys whose paths have crossed with mine during the life at Bethany Students Center .....

Shobin
======
When I joined in Bethany during my first year, I had to do so a little late coz I got into another college at first and then got transferred to theTrivandrum college. Anyway, at the time, it was very difficult to get into Bethany because there wasn't any place in any of the rooms and there was a long waiting list also to get into this place. It was unbelievable! After a wait of - I think it was a couple of months, I finally got into Bethany. When I saw my room, my mouth fell open. I mean, how could they fit in one more person into here! I remember knocking on the door and it opening and there was Sho...A little kid!! - how can this guy be in college?!! - Well this thought of mine changed after meeting Alex. Sho looked good enough for college :D....

Anyways, coming back to Shobin, I remember he was not that happy to accomodate me also in the room. I guess his current roomie wasnt helping either - Guess who? Dennis!! :D...He must have thought coz I was friends with Dennis...mmmmmm...well you can imagine... :)

Anyways, at the time Shobin was what you would call a pakka 'mama's boy'. I remember telling him that within 6 months he will change and will be doing whatever we all were doing and he scoffed at me...Sure enough, after a few months guess who was in front of the computer watching.......

One of the beginning episodes with Shobin was the ragging one. Man was this a big event. All the seniors had big plans for Sho. Somehow he had pissed off these guys and they were all of the unanimous opinion that he was to be treated a little bit. So one night, they all come in...Arun Geo also included(how he got classified into a senior I dont know!) and then ensued an extended session of 'ragging'. To tell the truth it was not so bad and was actually very funny. These guys kept me in there reminding me that I should not report this as ragging ;) Anyway Sho kept up with things for a very long time. But toward the end he broke up (Sho - remember what it was that broke you?? :)) ) and there it all ended. I guess the seniors did not expect that. Sho came a long long way from there. He changed a lot. Became quite a cool guy.

Sho is a very funny guy. Known for his sayings like 'idli' and 'halwa' and many other famous dialogues :) And he is also a good friend. There are so many stories to tell about this guy but I dont want to embarrass him all at once....So Sho, keep watching this space...I got lots of stuff of you to put in here.... ;)

7 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Rat said…

    :)
    Urumbu kadichu ennu paranju veetteennu papa-yem mummy-yem vilichu varuthiyavan Sho.
    Sessionals mark kuranjaal Sowjide mekkittu kerunnavan Sho.
    Sho maari..
    Othiri maari..
    Ippo ennodoppam kida pidikkum, Sho!
    Athaanu Sho

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Geo said…

    nice one...
    me a bit late... :)

    make sure u stay out of shobin's reach :)

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Geo said…

    btw, i dont remember this ragging part :)) i had tried to stay away from ragging as much as i could.. yea i think i had come a cpl of times or sth.. :)

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Rat said…

    Geo, if you would remember, you were part of the blow-on-the-cheek ragging episode. The aim was to rag us, the juniors, but then the thiruvathira stage for the slap was your cheek :D

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Lee said…

    @rat - What is this blow on the cheek episode...I dont seem to recollect anything?

    Well you have a new topic for your blog!! :)

    @geo - I cant believe you dont remember..I think if you hear what is was that actually broke sho, you would remember!! :))

    Rat - please do the honours - not here - in a mail or a chat or something..!...I dont want Sho to murder me ;)

     
  • At 3:40 AM, Blogger Rat said…

    Haha..
    Thanks for the Honours ;-)
    BTW Lee, Kiron just told me that he is not able to comment on your blog. As of now, only "bloggers" can comment, i guess. Can you change it to "anyone can blog" setup ?

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger sandeep said…

    sho will start a blog soon.. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter