Its a wonderful life

A place for my random musings!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Embarassing moments

One fine day in December of 2003, I get to office and boot up my system and open up mail and start going through them....There is one fromKK...not thinking much about it, I open it up...The Subject is 'Sand defeated-- has to be satisfied with Silver!!'

I have absolutely no idea what this means at the time...So I start reading the mail(editted to include here)....

Chennai 22/12/2003:
In a very interesting development, Master Craftsman and the favorite to win the title, Sand was defeated comprehensively in the "Romeo of the year " contest by Upcoming Terror, Lee , Reuters reported here on Sunday.

It all happened when chief judge of the contest Mr. B Sho was on his way to buy some groceries. He saw lee, the winner and a girl on the road and mistook them for a married couple. Put in his on words, the incident is as follows.

Yesterday at noon 12:30 pm I and S went to food world for some purchase.. while we were coming back, two young enthusiastic couples r going in front of us.. The guy who put his hand over the lady's shoulders in main street without knowing what others will think of their activities.. anyway as usual i was eagerly watching what is going to happen.. i walked at a fast pace, to come to them, closer...

NO... i cannt believe my eyes.. Itz our .... . I called him.. He turned back and looked with an .... feeling.(I dont know what he might have think about me at that time)..

No one else it was our lee.. I was laughing.. any way i tried to control my laugh and asked him who is the lady.. she without knowing anything walked away..

He discussed the matter with Rat and KK, the other two judges and it was unanimously decided that, a performance that made an impression of "a couple WALKING AWAY " in the mind of the chief judge really deserved the title. The official crowning ceremony(and the burial of the judges) is expected to take place whenever the judges meet the winner next.

The chief contender for the title Sand seemed really upset with what has happened. When asked to comment on the incident, he told "I had foreseen it all, but what went wrong for me was the semester exams in PESIT". Anyway he has not lost hope and told our special correspondent that "He'll be back".




Funny!...I had to get through half of the post for it to dawn upon me that they were in fact talking about me :-S

Well...At that point I did not care anymore coz almost half of the group already knew about me and my significant other half! :D

So it was real funny...Anyways coming back to that particular incident..boy at the time was that one of the most embarassing incidents of my life..whew!

Footnote: Its only in India that an incident like this would create such a big issue...come here and you will be surprised at what all you see if you go down to the mall!!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter