Its a wonderful life

A place for my random musings!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Significant Other

Why do they call them the significant other? I guess its because that person completes you...makes you whole.....And your life feels empty without them.


After writing the previous post I guess I owe this writeup also....So here goes:

What do I see in her. I dont know. If you ask me if I love her, the answer is yes but it sounds so corny when you say it out aloud. I guess that this might be a possible common thing with guys but I dont know. I am not sure...But I think in one Raymond episode, Raymond voices my exact feelings on saying 'I love you' aloud. I mean I think thats not really meaningful. Love should be shown through actions and not words.


Anyway, coming back to her. I met her when I joined my first job after college. At the time I was in a rather messy relationship which was at the verge of collapsing if at all you can call it a relationship. I dont know - what do you call a couple of calls and a couple of days of actually 'seeing' and then endless e-mails? Well at the time I guess it was a big thing and I referred to it as a relationship....But sadly the other side of it wasnt obliging! :)


Well....that did not last long...and the days at my new job helped to wipe out the 'painful' past...and the great friends I made over there helped immensely. Of all of them, I got closest with a certain girl..which is really a big thing for me...I mean the longest average conversation I have had with a girl before that would have a few syllables at most!!....I wonder what she saw in me :D


What brought us closer? I had a bike...the fact that we went a few places together helped I guess...but the road towards becoming soulmates was very bumpy alright!! The fact that we were of the same church denomination also helped as we used to go together to church regularly...I guess it really did not take long for the friendship to blossom into something more long term...well it didnt go so smoothly..we had lots of problems...believe me lots and lots of them...but still its all worked out well till now..even over this distance ;)


It was difficult at the beginning...wondering what people would think and what we would do to go forward with the whole thing...what would our homes sayand so on...but in the end we decided 'to hell with all that' and decided to go forward!... :)


Whats funny is that at first there was nothing...it was just a friendship..and that was very new for me...and it did help me to get over the previous one


When we first started going out, it was just coz we enjoyed being with each other...I think all long term relations should begin with a friendship and thenfor a long time this will be in 'no mans land' of being in between friendship and something more....I suppose that this is what makes the whole thing so bittersweet...


Anyways, we covered the whole of the city on my bike...restaurants, theatres, parks, beaches, amusement places and so on...I guess I reallydont know when it all began...but I think it was mutual...and the question came up sometime..resulted in a lot of fights between us...I guess it was the whole part of coming into terms with the new status of the relationship...well...when you enjoy the company of a person from the opposite sex and are withthem for most of the time, what are the odds of something like this not happening?! ;)


Well from there, it has blossomed and now I guess she is so much part of my life that I cant even think about life without this friend and soulmate. A great friend who understands me and has been more than a friend...amazingly fun to be with and whose mood is almost infectious at times...a great person and my significant other.


To My Significant Other : You complete me!

15 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    words do matter; do not go for this LOVE stuff if you do not believe in saying it; end up receiving one marriage invitation requesting 'esteemed presence' :D

    NB: comment not based on a real story

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Lee said…

    @sowji - entiredey pichum peyum parene? :D

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Geo said…

    Salle kalippukalaayaa?

    Sowji, avasaanam nummalu maathre ollu kettaa bachelors aayittu... ;)

    Nice writeup Lee... :)

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Blogger sandeep said…

    "At the time I was in a rather messy relationship which was at the verge of collapsing if at all you can call it a relationship".

    Never heard of this story.. whoz it? mail it to the grp if possible... :)

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Rat said…

    Geooooo njaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !
    :(
    I back Sand.. Dont keep us in dark :)
    @Lee -> definitely a good write up. And a warning to all those ppl who have friends from the female species (njaan kai pokkkeettundeyyyy)

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Lee said…

    @sand - eda athu oru valya story aanu!!....definitely would make a couple of blogs :)

    So later!!

    @rat and geo - Thanks!!

    @rat - female species? neeyo? :P

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this was nice

    I'm in tears .....

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Lee said…

    @anonymous - eda jaisa patti...neeyelleda?!!...

    peru vachu comment idu!!

    and dont cry :)

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Rat said…

    blim.
    ithavala
    ;-)

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :) Nice to see this of you, King Lee.. will keep reading ..

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Lee said…

    danx....u ajay nair?

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    best regards, nice info Wheel chairs for sale by individuals

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Best regards from NY! » »

     
  • At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter