Its a wonderful life

A place for my random musings!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

US Stay Extended

Its been confirmed. I am sentenced to be in this place for a 3 more months :(

My I94- which is a kinda work permit which you need to have in
order to stay in US legally- was expiring on the 25th of August.
The very 'competent' staff at the immigration dept of Syntel was
supposed to extend out the dates of my visa. Well no surprise
the idiots botched it up good and proper that I thought that I'd
be going back 2 days before the 25th.
Fortunately or unfortunately after being royally screwed from
my projects Delivery Director and above, they decided to file for
the extension and supposedly I can stay here legally for 240 days
until the results of the application comes through.

I really dont know whether to be happy or sad. I was okay either way.
Infact part of me hoped that they'd send me back home. Well thats not
to be. I am to slog it out here for a few more months. So be it.

I dont have any papers even proving that I can legally stay here in
the US :-S .... I cant drive - license expired in tandem with the I94 and
in order to extend it, I dont have any papers I can use for that. Quite a
predicament. Looks like its a house arrest for me for atleast some time.
Hope that the ever so competent idiots at my company send over the
documents to me as soon as they can. Its sad that such levels of idiocy
can exist at MNC companies.

Well in this period of waiting for the visa extension, I cant travel
anywhere out of the US :-S ....Coz I dont have any papers with me.
None that are up to date anyways. So again I have to be here until I
get the visa approved or rejected!

I do hope that everything is resolved before November when I was
hoping to get back home.

Also wanna go give those idiots at the company immigration
department a piece of my mind...but well...thats just another dream!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Rat said…

    House Arrest !
    :D

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Lee said…

    yep...!

    Bryan Adams Paattu kettittille...


    Its House Arrest!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter